Thursday, July 29, 2010

Duelling Roys.


Phils picked up Houston Astros ace Roy Oswalt today! It was a trade I'm not so happy with but hopefully after Oswalt takes the mound a few times all will be good. His is pitching tomorrow. The reason I'm not so help is what they gave up for him. They traded J.A. Happ and two speedy prospects, outfielder Anthony Gose and shortstop Jonathan Villar. Houston then traded Gose to Toronto. I'm not to concerned about the minor leaguers, but Happ!? He finished second in the rookie of the year running last year. He has been hurt a while this year but the dude is a great pitcher and I for some reason really liked the guy. He seems to be a cool dude. He also smoked the Astros with 5 IP, 5k, 6h 8-0 win back in April. Welp, this is baseball and the way things go. I wish him the best.

With the double Roys in the pin things are looking good for us, especially since we're hot right now only 2.5 games out of first!

No comments: