Thursday, August 26, 2010

Evo Update

Michael, James and I put the Evo back together over the weekend and took it to Factech. They were having a dyno day so it was a little crazy and I didn't get to speak with Mark. Man the thing smoked bad the whole way there. Poor thing.

Got an email yesterday and Mark has found the culprit. After a compression and leak down check:

Compression check
1- 124 2- 125 3-125 4-122
Leak down
1- 13% 2- 14% 3 - 14% 4 - 14%

They stuck a boroscope down cylinder 4 and found some piston melting around the piston crown. It's on the intake side, which would be a sign of too much ignition timing. It will have to be bored out .20 and new pistons are now a must.

I planned to build the motor in the future so it can handle my power goals so this isn't too upsetting. So the plan now is to completely rebuild the bottom end. So now I'm awaiting a quote for parts, labor and a tune.

Fingers crossed its within my budget...yeah right.

No comments: