Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jack Daniels tasting

**Update**

Red on Red makes it into the News Sentinel

Read the article here.

Red On Red was invited to a small private JD tasting at Latitude 35. It was very interesting and actually learned a lot. I had no idea of the interesting history and production process of JD. I never took into account that JD doesn't display an "aged date" on their labels. JD is matured not aged. No.7 can be 4 years old or 5 but will have the same taste and color no matter what. The head taster was on hand to give the presentation and he did a great job. His father was the head taster before him but he did tell us he wasn't just handed the job, he had to work hard and be trained to replace his father.

I definitely plan to make the trip to Lynchburg to take the tour and learn more.

I really do love learning about stuff like this. Very entertaining and I really appreciate those involved for extending the invite!

No comments: