Friday, August 1, 2008

Windshield Crack



I was just cruising on the interstate yesterday and my radio dies. So I messed around with it but nothing. The all of a sudden the awesome sound of something hitting the windshield startles me. I look over to see the crack pictured above and look forward automatically assuming it was the semi tow truck in front of me. Well to tell the truth there was a truck right beside him and a car on the other side in the fast line (3 lanes, I was in the center). So there is no telling who it came from and what is actually was. I wrote down the name of the company and number of the tow truck that I assumed was the culprit and drove straight to my insurance office. They said that it was pretty much a waste a time to call because they will probably deny it or say I can't prove it. The insurance lady gave me a few glass repairers numbers. I called one, $266 + tax to replace plus she confirmed the truck company would not pay. Currently I'm working a few angles to see if I can get a good deal. So new windshield coming soon.

Edit: Michael and Bird came over and took care of the radio. It's actually louder now!

No comments: