Monday, October 27, 2008

Phillies win 10-2! We were there!

Well we made it to Philly after 10 hours of driving in the rain! Sunday we got up and ate and decided to go get our Phillies World Series gear. We went to City Sports in downtown Ardmore but nothing really tickled our fancy so we headed to Modells in King of Prussia Mall. Jacked pot! Instead of documenting what was purchased I'll just say we sent $200!!!!

We arrived home in time to catch the end of the Eagles game, which was being played in the Linc, right across from Citizens Bank Park (seen below). After our (FREE!!) train ride we arrived at the stadium. Around 6:30ish.


We planned on buying tickets on the street. Which in front of the stadium is illegal. Our (Dad, Aunt Beth, Mary and I) walk to the stadium wasn't to promising, everyone was looking to buy tickets, no one selling. Great! We are right outside the stadium, hey!...wait there's Uncle George!...Beth, Dad and Mary all walk right by him but being an observant one I notice him right away!...haha. While after talking for a while we decide we need to find tickets (George had some already, lucky *&$^@&!). We start to walk back in front of the stadium to strat our journey and somehow, someway we find a guy selling. Right sure how it happened but all of a sudden we were holding 2 tickets to get into a WORLD SERIES PHILLIES GAME!!! Ok, so yeah, just 2 tickets, doesn't add up, eh? His first "quote" is 800$ for the 2. We had $1000 to spend. While Beth, Mary and I discuss we need 4, dad is haggling with the scalper. He is telling us he can get more as dad gets him down to $700 for both. Dad talks us into buying them and that they will buy more. We accept the fact that we couldn't all sit together, and I get out our envelope, pull out 3 bills and hand the scalper the rest. He hands it off to an "assicate" (all this time I have the tickets in my hand!) and starts walking us to the gate saying, "I'll stand with you and let you (Mary) go in to prove they are good. As we move towards the gate he is asking his partners for 2 more for Beth and Dad. Well, all is good with our tickets, the nervous nervous Mary goes in and has no problems. I depart with the sculper and head in! The picture below is the light poll above where the deal went down.



We are in!! We are in the World freakin' Series!...


So... I don't hear from dad, I call him. The guy (scalper) didn't come back! "Are you kidding me?! @#&^@!" So he says they will keep looking. Mary and I are getting nervous they aren't going to get in. We decide to walk around the stadium to wait to hear from them. We are in the out field "walk of fame" and holy moly...we see this dude!

We saw him the night before at JR Monaghan's in Ardmore!
Right after we see him my phone ring!! Dad and Beth are in! Bought tickets from a guy from SC and is sitting beside them due to there friends bailing on the tickets. YES!, they are in!

After Beth ran into her niece (?) on the train we ran into them again inside!


Time to head to our seats!



They gave out the Hank Arron Award that night.



After Patti LaBelle's 3 hour National Anthem the game was under way! Joe Blanton got things started!



Blanton on the mound


PHILLIES WIN!!! PHILLIES WIN!!! PHILLIES WIN!!!



From FOX news:
"Blanton became the first pitcher in 34 years to homer in the World Series, Howard drove in five runs with two homers and Philadelphia romped over the Tampa Bay Rays 10-2 on Sunday night to move within one win of its first title since 1980."



If you watched the game at all, that's the white things you saw a wavein'!


The Section we were in.



Das right, #1!




Us on the way out.

The game was just awesome! Defiantly something I'll remember for the rest of my life. And even though I didn't sit next to him, one of the greatest memories I'll have about my dad and I at a sporting event!

No comments: