Monday, December 29, 2008

UT mens basketball

One of Dad's friends gave him his tickets for the basketball game and he was nice enough to ask me to go. The seats were good, in the lower level, very close to were Mary and I sat at the Ladies game a few weeks ago. I'm not a huge fan, I found it quite boring for it being such a fast paced game. It was fun and nice to hang out with dad. With about 5 minutes left Wayne Chism went down hard around blocking a break away shot. He laided hard on his back and didn't move. He saw moving his legs and arms but they brought out a stretcher and wheeled him off the court. I read lately that after the fall he didn't know where is was or what was going on, but after a visit to the hospital, early word is that he will be ok.

The one thing to really borthered me about the game was the fans. Not sure if I'm reading into or what, but if the vols scored 90+ points everyone got a free Chick-fil-A sandwich with there ticket stub. Well at the end of the game with 30 or so seconds left everyone was standing up cheering for them to score. We hit a 3 pointer moving the score to 89-62 us. Time expires and the crow starts booing! Wait...didn't we just win? Ooohhhh...right you didn't get your free little sandwich. I was shocked. A Chick-fil-A grilled chicken sandwich can be more than 3 bucks, right? Jeezz how pathetic... When leaving I heard more people complaining about not getting their free sandwich than winning/losing one of our best players.

Ohwell, maybe next time you go to buy your ticket just think of to juicy grilled chicken sandwich you could have instead.

No comments: