Thursday, December 18, 2008

Valkyrie

My dad got a few tickets to the sneak preview of Valkyrie which was last night. Mom, dad, Carolyn, Paul, Dale, Mary and I all went. We ate at the Downtown Grill and Brewery before the movie and got done right in time. We showed up at the theater about 45 minutes before start time and there were quite a few people in line already.

They made a HUGE stink over having a phone with a camera on it. I found it to be funny, someone must of been doing it and was caught. Maybe Regal has made some threats. Enjoying the occasional GOOD bootleg I can say, you'd have to pay me good money to get me to watch a whole movie recorded with a camera phone. The most popular process is called TS (Telesync) and takes quite a bit of work from what I have heard. Besides knowing someone at a theater, one would have to get a nice, expensive setup (camera and tripod at least) to match the few I have seen. Some even plug directly into the projector to get audio. Knowing this, it just makes me laugh at both sides, the folks enforcing camera phones need to be off or the kid, "Dude I got Valkyrie on my phone...well not all of it just half cause I ran out of space...and you once you get over the motion sickness you can almost tell it's Tom Cruise!"

To the movie. It's based on a true story and I'm not a huge history buff or anything but I do know that Hitler was not killed by any overthrowers, he killed himself. So this tells me the ending, give or take. I also was expecting tons of subtitles seeing how it's about "Hilter's" Germany and all, but nope apparently when Hilter has hangin' with his buds or taking care of internal stuff he spoke perfect english. I was also suprised to see Eddie Lizzard had a roll. I will say it had some intense momments, but for some reason I expected more action. Tad on the boring side and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone but prehaps watching it on a raining day on USA, as long as Saving Private Ryan isn't on another channel.

No comments: