Thursday, October 29, 2009

The perfect Phillies meal and game 2

Michael came over to watch game 2 of the series. We headed out to grab some beer and cheesesteaks. We went to Lenny's, I LOVE their cheesesteaks, after stopping by Kroger's for Americas best PA beer! Well if you know your sandwich shops you'll know that ain't a Lenny's sub nor a Lenny's wrapper. Well sometime since the wedding (we ate there the day of the rehersal, I didn't but I watched everyone else eat. I was still feeling the effects of the crazy night before) it closed it's doors for the finally time! I has as shocked as I was upset.

Next on the list (the list being sub shops in view) was Subway. Pass, good but not cheesesteak good. We decided Firehouse could probably take a good stab at a Philly cheese. Welp, we were right in our pick. They make a great one! Hit the spot!

The game started and it seemd both Pedro and Burnett were on their games. I mean it is the world series so why shouldn't they? Had it been a reg season game 11-10 easy! Pedro took a page out of CC's book from game one and gave up 2 homers. This was only after the Phils scored knocking them back a run. The Yanks squoze (I know, I just like the word) one more run out and beat us 3-1 and tied up the series 1-1. We are back at home to the next 3 should be interesting. Sure is fun watching the actually 2 best teams in baseball play!

No comments: