Thursday, October 1, 2009

After patiently awaiting for my AR...

I'm officially an AR-15 owner! I had a slight problem during assembly but all is well now. I assembled the bolt catch using the wrong piece that I thought was the bolt catch detent. Removing the pin was a pain but I got it done, thankfully I ordered a vise block, without that I'd have quite the pile of unassembled gun parts. I also had to fashion a punch out of a drill bit, but it worked just fine. I also had a slight mix up with springs and used the "wrong" (at quick glance they look exactly the same, key word: quick. oops) spring in the grip for the safety. I had to clip a few coils to get it to work while unknowingly using the wrong spring. So now the with only spring left for the rear detent and take down pin, it didn't fit...oops. So I ordered 2 new springs ( one for backup ). Should be here soon but the gun is still able to hold together. See:


About to start assembly

Done, sorta!
Rail removed




Rail was made in Savannah, GA, how cool is that?


Notice the detachable carry handle,
preparing for that EOtech 512!

I took it to the studio on day 2 of the photo shoot previously mentioned and snapped some shots.

The grip is really nice, I really like it. I actaully didn't think I would but since it was a gift I added it. The DD rail is just awesome, really makes the gun. I really look forward to adding a grip. One thing that bugs me is its a "free floating" rail meaning it doesn't touch the barrel aiding the accuracy. But since its a chrome lined barrel ( special order! :) ) it slightly touches the barrel while holding it in firing position. I'm no pro but I have a feeling it won't effect the accuracy much, most of that will be on the operator :). As of now it goes on its maiden voyage on the 11th!

I also found a GREAT deal on a Condor bag! Check it!:



Have all 6 of my clips in there and it has room for the glock and more ammo too. Also the 3 compartments on the front, that the clips are in are removable.

No comments: