Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The FDE AR-15

With the Holiday sales bug going around I couldn't pass up the chance to start my next build! I have the hardest part out of the way, the stripped lower. I have the BRD (black rifle disease) bad! But the lower was half off on Spikes Tactical's site. Only problem is you have to have an FFL transfer, meaning it has to be sent to someone with a firearm license. So I called around and the cheapest one I could find was in Clinton, a pawn shop just 6 miles from our condo. They were super nice and the deal was done.

This past weekend the stock, forearm, grip and trigger guard came in. I had ordered the LPK a while back with an order for the other AR, it was on sale.

I'm going with the FDE (flat dark earth) two tone look. The rest of the parts needed to complete the lower are on order. After they come in I'll probably wait a while before buying anything else. trying to decide if I want to build it up completely myself, go SBR (requires a 200$ tax and FBI background check, or a Addax GPU. We shall see cause for now I just need to get better at shooting my other one.

No comments: