Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Beginning of the beginning

So I finally decided to do it! I have made the decision to move to part time at DMGx to help pursue my other goals. I have been extremely nervous about telling them my decision. I wasn't sleeping well, having stress related heartburn and was over working. The last 2 nights I woke up around 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. So the time came. Went to the boss's office yesterday morning and told him I needed to talk. A few minutes later he came into my office. "As you know I have been very stressed lately (he had recently made the comment I looked stressed) and I have been over working myself." He agreed. "Well I have talked with Mary and have decided I'd like to go part time."..... Wade, "That is not a problem at all. You know we have been having a hard time keeping everyone busy here and that seems to make the most sense." Weight lifted. We went on about how it would work and that it shouldn't be a problem.

The rest of day I felt great. The feeling to changing something in your life in such a positive way is just indescribable. Had a few beers at lunch with the guys and we have planned our first full day of work together. I slept great! Woke a few times thinking it was weekend, guess I was just that relaxed.

No comments: