Monday, September 27, 2010

The day the Phillies clinch NL east for 4th time in a row!

Monday, usually a GREAT sports day early in the football season (Monday night football and baseball still), started slow, boring and rainy. I had plans to meet Ben and Shek at Buffalo Wild Wings for beer, wings and football. Packers and Bears, 2 of the 3 undefeateds.

After a long day of work I'm driving home in hopes of my iPhone dock connector replacement being in the mailbox. Arriving at Cate Rd, on West Emory traffic stops. I'm about 5 cars back from Cate and there is a car in the oncoming lane parked in the grass and looks like it was hit so hard that the trunk looked open from my angle. There was another car about 40 feet behind it, centered in the lane that was smashed and possibly another car behind it. It seems once a month it's the same scenario, car stopped to turn, car behind not paying attention, BAM. A man walks out in front of the line of cars in front of me to a point that I can't see him. Cars start coming by, he must be directing, sweet I'll get to go soon. I watch an ambulance drive up and park in our lane, awesome. 2 cars on Cate pull out and turn left towards me, so there is an opening. I decide to take it. I squeeze through and see a stretcher being prepared. Thats horrible that something as simple as not paying attention could cause so much pain.

It's 5:35, rainy, need to walk the dogs, have to leave by 6:30 and my iPhone part arrived. Get everything done and start with the iPhone disassembly. That story is worthy of a post so we'll skip that.

Let's get to the sports! I'm a little pissed that my phone is down cause I can't keep up with the Phillies game and a win clinches the division.

I pick up Ben again 7:15 and we head to B-dubs. We walk in, up the stairs and around the corner to the massive room full of TVs. There is a mixture of a baseball game and ESPN on them. CRACK!! The sound of a well hit ball blares from the baseball game...holy &^&@! It's the Phils and holy %@&*! It's Werth ripping a homer putting them up 1-0. The game is on!

The football game started and the Phils game stayed on! I was able to watch the full game, Halladay's 21st win, 8-0 victory clinching the NL east and the celebration that followed.



The game winners, Halladay (pitched the full game) and Werth (only needed one to win this one) enjoying our 4th NL east championship.


It's on it's way to my front door as I type! :)

No comments: