Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Movie night

Travis and I headed downtown around 2:45 to catch Tron at 4:10. We tried to meet up with Ben and his folks to say hi but just missed them since they were on their way to catch True Grit at 2:55. We had a tad bit of shopping to do so as we sat at the bar we discussed the options. Well, Ben called and the movie was at 2:25 not 2:55 so they would stop by. They swung in and we had yet to be severed. They were on their way to the old city so we decided to walk down to Mast General.

We did our thing and then headed over to Bliss. After Bliss we were walking to the car and past Latitude 35 and remembered we had a gift card and 2 free beers there. What the heck, food, beers and shots at L35! Well after the fun we discovered the card didn't work. We when running out of time as it was 4:05 and we needed to drop off our things at the car and run by the bank. ROR paid for lunch and we headed. The card thing was fixed btw, so now we can try again. I took the things to the car and T went to the bank, it was closed.

We made our way to the theater and crossed paths with Brandon and Will. They were seeing True Grit at 5 and meeting Justin at DTG. We deciding to hang with them and just see True Grit instead. We went to DTG for a beer, met up with Justin then headed to the movie.

We sat on the front row so to have the metal bar foot rests. I receive a heyTell from Ben that I can't understand, strange. Then I get a text from him, "same aisle to your left!" I turn my head and there sits Ben and his folks! HA! I jump the rail and go have a chat, Allison was joining them too!

The previews start and in walks Allison, she has to walk right by us. Of course a yell, "Allison!" She jumps a tad and gives me a smile, "You scared the crap out of me, haha!"

The movie was just great! I really didn't know what to expect but I really enjoyed it. Bridges did and awesome job as well as Damon. Hailee Steinfeld was the show stealer. She did an amazing job! Won't be surprised to see her pick up some other big roles. Looking forward to see what awards this film wins!

No comments: