Friday, December 31, 2010

Car care day.

Michael and I joined up early today to work on our cars. But first we had to head to Lowes for supplies. I needed to build a boost leak tester. It's that item I'm holding. After picking up those items, went to 3 different places to find the parts, we headed over to pick up Mike's door panels and head liner from the RX7. Man they where nice, going to get those guys to redo the S seats. After that we headed to the Henkel house to get the Evo on the lift.

Boost leak tested and all good. Next was to remedy me 2500 rpm rattle. After trial and error on fixing some things without any luck we did what we should of done first. I hopped in and we raised the lift, car on and me in it. Got the idle to 2500 and let Mike scope it out below. Success! O2 sensor in the exhaust wasn't tightened down properly. Next was to fix my oil leak (on my promised leak free build). We are pretty sure we got an idea of how to fix it but we are going to wait til my next oil change.

Next up was the 7. We just bled the clutch and replace a tie rod end, nothing to big. We also put in his new head liner. Looks hot.

Afterwards we decided to wash our cars. Mine needed it bad! Hadn't washed it since the first snow fall.

No comments: