Wednesday, February 4, 2009

FINALLY...I own a Nav

I finally broke down and bought one! I have wanted a nav unit forever! After not a lot of research I went for the Pioneer AVIC-F90BT.


This one does everything! Nav, bluetooth (reviews say it works great with the iphone), great ipod control, USB inputs, plays DivX movies, great voice control, it's pretty endless. Another great thing about this unit is the maps are on an internal flash drive, meaning updating the nav maps is simple and cheap. Even google maps can me loaded.


Now for the fun/hard part. Once I found this rewite up I knew it could be done. I had to order 2 addition pieces. The radio relocation kit (seen above) will house the HVAC unit once its cut from its current module. I have order the wiring harness and the double din piece. The double din piece is straight from Japan so it's going to take a while to get that, but its on its way.

Hopefully next weekend everything will be here and I can get started!

UPDATE!
The double din panel's estimated delivery is the 17th! Wack!

UPDATE 2!
It arrived on the 7th. 7 days from Japan to my door! Not bad.

No comments: