Friday, February 27, 2009

My first time shooting a gun!

Tyler, one of Mary's coworkers invited us to the range Friday night. He knew I was looking at guns trying to decide what to get. He was able to get both guns I'm looking at for me to try out. The Glock 19 and Springfield XDm are the 2 I like. I shot both and liked both. I defiantly like the better safety system of the XD but the durability and versatility of the Glock have me leaning that way.

Mary saw that that excited but was willing to get it a try. I was enjoyable to watch her process. She would barely hold the gun at first, but she got the nerv to load the clip and close the chamber. Then she put it down. She'd pick it up, put her finger on the trigger then bring it back up and tap the barrel. She put it down and walked away. I emptied the clip, reloaded and she tried again. Fired one shot then put it down. Later she shot 3 rounds and put it down again. Finally she opened up and fired off a full clip, then was done for the night.

I'd say I shot about 8-10 clips and it was a blast. Shot Tyler's Glock 32 and that thing was a beast to me. Had quite the kick and was twice as loud as the 19.


Here is my frist target. First time visiting the range as well
as shooting a gun. Shot a Glock 19, 32 and a Springfield XDm.


This was at 15 yards. Used the glock 19 and XDm for this.

No comments: