Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rascal Flatts album cover contest

Anyone who knows me well will tell you I'm not even close to a fan of Country music, but I designed an album cover for a country band! Rascal Flatts is Mary's favorite band! She told me about hearing something on the radio about them. Their album is recorded and ready to go, but the don't have a album cover. She goes on to tell me they are having a contest and that I shuold enter. I laughed. Well today I get to work with nothing to do and I remember Mary telling me this. I looked into and today is the last day. They have a pretty cool look and feel so I figured why not? So I knocked something out and entered it. I didn't like there logos so I scratched those and the pictures went aswell. The album is called Unstoppable so I went with a seemingly cheesy use of the stop sign. I don't think my metaphor will work for them but what the hey? The 3 finalists are announced on the 25th. Can't wait to see the junk that wins, haha.

No comments: