Saturday, November 14, 2009

Off to Nashville for our Sports weekend!

Getting ready to head to Nashville, just packed the car (Joey let us borrow the TL) and made sure we had the most important thing! The Preds and Titans tix. We loaded up and left at 11:30am, next stop Which Wich in downtown Nashville. We listened to the Vols game and as I said all week to the folks that said we were going to stomp Ole' Miss, "Watch out for Dexter!" Dexter McCluster ran all over us. If he translates will into the NFL he WILL be the next CJ! We got to Nashville and hit up the very crowded Which Wich, by far the BEST sandwich shop on the planet! I had my wicked and Mary got a Philly and we headed to the hotel.

We got to the hotel and I headed over to the local gas station. This is the view of my whole walk for the hotel to the gas station. Not a bad one if I must say. I got two 24oz Miller Lites for $3.26 (this comes up again later, so remember that) and headed back to enjoy a cold one and watch some football while Mary...guess...yup, while Mary naps, haha!

Heading downtown to find a bar to hang out at before the Preds game. This is right outside LP field. Our hotel is just a short walk to downtown. We decided on a bar we went to last year before a preseason game. The Paradise Park Trailer Resort. It very enjoyable to hang out there. Even got a free beer for wearing a Preds shirt. There was a cover band, which had a sub par singer but it wasn't there normal singer. The crowd was fun, Preds, Canadians, Titans, Vols fans all over.

We headed to the game and found our seats. They were awesome. Front row of the 3rd balcony.

The game was one! The Preds instantly opened with a onslaught of shots. They were looking good!

Some action

After the first period operation soft pretzel was on! We head they were only on the first floor so we headed back down. Mary decided she wanted some shorts she found in the pro shop so she headed there and left me to go the mission alone. I got her to grab me a Jordan Tootoo shirt jersey too. Guess what his number is?! You say 22 then you're right! So I troll the concession stands and don't see any pretzels, bummer! I loop back and head to customer service to ask, on my trip there I glance over to the last stand, which I did walk by previously, and guess what I see, the freakin' pretzels, geeezzz. I grab 2 and head over to find Mary.

I guess you noticed the beer in the pic. Remember my last beer purchase? Well this was a purchase of the same amount of beer at a slight mark up. Two 24oz'ers of Miller Lite from a bar tenderer with a 3 dollar tip at a price of $8.50, 20 bucks! I could of bought almost 6 at the gas station for that! The price we pay for locational beer!

Welp, the Preds win but should of been by a ton more! Look at those shots on goal!! That's insane. Not surprisingly the Canadians goalie was the 3rd star of the game with 52 saves!

From our seats

Leaving the Sommit.

We headed to the Brewery for another drink but didn't hang out long. We thought we'd grab some food but ended up calling it a night and head back to the hotel.

At this point Mary is 5-0 for Nashville teams when we have come. That includes 3 Titans games and 1 previous Preds game and tonight's game. Let's just hope her streak continues into tomorrow!!

No comments: