Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Such a good day!

Titans played Monday night football last night against the Texans. It was a huge game for both teams. Titans on a 3 game winning streak with the Texans on the verge of making there first winning/making to the playoffs season. I told Mary if we won I'd wear a tie to work (been wanting to wear one and it was a good excuse). The game was intense, nerve racking, and exciting. It came down to field goals. 14-14 in the 4th after both teams missed fields Rob hits a 53 yarder with less than 3 minutes left. Texans get great field position, like they had all night, on the kickoff. Texans are out of timeouts but put a quick drive together, get into field goal range and run a questionable play for 3rd down and set up an field goal to tie and send it into over time. I had been standing the whole 4th, I was biting my nails. They split the screen showing the play and Fisher. We had 3 time outs so surely we were going to ice him, make him think about it a little longer. While maybe Brown thought the same, ball snapped...kick is up...wide...TITANS WIN!!!

VY had a great game, converted several 3rd downs and CJ again had a GREAT game, again. 151 rushing yards! The man is a beast. He is 758 yards away from 2000! The single season record is 2,105 set by Eric Dickerson in 1984. Only 5 rushers have hit the 2k mark in the history of the NFL. He is also on pace to have his name amongst a VERY short list. He currently holds the record for average yards per which is a little over 6 (insane!!). Only good things from here and if he's healthy throughout the season more records could be set!

Mary and I made plans to meet a few friends, have a few drinks and go see The Christmas Coral tonight. So since the game last night kept me up (Mary is off today) we planned on her driving me to work at 9 so alarms set for 8am. I woke up this morning at 5:45am, which is 15 minutes before my alarm goes off normally and about 46 mins before I get up. I laid there for a while and got up around 6:45. I have since working out/running and since I missed last night and knew I wouldn't feel like it tonight I decided to go for a run. I got a mile in running and half walking. Headed back in for a shower, shave and some sports talk.

I guess with that huge win last night, it just made my day. I feel great today, rejuvenated. Excited about tonight and I have an order of AR parts coming in tomorrow.

And as promised. I broke out the tie!

Thanks Titans!

No comments: