Saturday, November 7, 2009

Vols Homecoming Party

Since Mary's dad is back and Mary was going to be off for the game we decided to have a little party. Brandon came and got there before anyone else. Him Mary and I talk for a while in the kitchen about life and such. Right around kickoff time Jim, James, Michael, Joey, Byrd, and Sean showed up. We made several dips and all immigrated into the living room. Going into the second quarter Brandon, after a shot and 2 beers passed out. Just fell asleep and was out like a light. Sean was sitting next to him and decided it'd be funny to swamp out his beer (yeah, fell asleep with a beer in his hand) with the mustard bottle. I thought, no way he is going to wake up. Well, I was wrong, he sure didn't!
Sean and Brandon just met and I wish a tad worried about how he would react upon waking up. I have seen him go a little crazy over small situations. He woke up slowly and was just like, "what the?.." We had a laugh and watched the rest of the game.

Brandon went out a smoked and came back in. He stood by the door and I joined him. He didn't seem very happy, I think he was a little uncomfortable with all the people he didn't know being there. Also his girlfriend was at the game with one of her girlfriends who he show a dislike for and mentioned she was a bad influence. We chatted and watched the rest of the game. After he decided to head home, said bye and hit the road.

The next day he calls me with some bad news. He decided to drive up Kingston Pike and find some food. In the process he ran a red light. Well you guessed it, I policeman was within view and pulled him over. He had his leftover beers in the car and I can only assume this is the reason the officer decided to initiate the field sobriety test. I would not of let him drive if I didn't think he was able, his house isn't just right down the street either. He failed the test was not given a breathalyzer test and was arrested. He made it clear for me he has horrible balance and can't walk heel to toe. Well the officer moved his car into a private parking lot and took him to the station.

Upon checking him into jail, still with no blood/alc tests they say since this is your 4th offense you have too... Brandon interrupted him. "This is my first offense! I have had one DUI and that was before I was 21, over 9 years ago and shouldn't be on my record due to the circumstances!" The officer responds, "It says right here it's your 4th DUI." There was no changing their minds and Brandon was obviously furious. This actually happened to him the first time, they got him confused with another Brandon. Another strange thing is as he's telling me about the multiple Brandon Jones confusion I'm watching the 49er's Brandon Jones on TV against the Titans. So bail was set for a 4 time offender and Brandon spent the night in jail. Wasn't given a phone call until 4 hours later and finally got out at 1:30pm Sunday due to bail being so much.

As much as I hate to say it and as much as I like to think the police are there to serve and protect and I have never had a problem with law enforcement but something smells fishy. Upon returning to his car, which is luckily is still there he finds a nice sized scratch down the side that he knows wasn't there.

He is going to fight this due to mistaken identity and the round about way the situation went down. He has asked me if I'd be prepared to write a statement if needed and I agreed. I really hope this goes well for him, he seems to be in a tough spot in his life right now.

No comments: