Wednesday, May 5, 2010

ER Visit...


So last night ROR had a dinner at a client's house. Wives and gfs were invited for a meixcan meal. We had a great time, talked, drank and played cornhole. I was on my game in cornhole too! Well we called it quits around 9:45 and headed home.

Around 4am I woke up with bad stomach pains. As a rolled around trying to get comfortable the pain spread more and got worse. I finally had to get up. I walked around the house a while before waking Mary up. I told her I was hurting...hurting bad, the worst it's been. When I spoke I felt a shortness of breath and my upper chest was hurting. Mary looked up some info online while I paced. I took some tylenol but the pain was too much so Mary and I decided to take a trip to the ER. By the time we left I was breaking out into a sweat. I was worried about sitting in the car with the pain but I just sorta curled up with the window down and did ok. By the time we got to the ER I was actually feeling better. We checked in and the pain was subsiding. I got put in a room, blood taken, flushed (taste like saline) and an iv installed. I had been in the bed this hold time when normally I can't sit still with the pain. Again the pain was fading and fading fast. This was really strange. Before when I took the tylenol it had no effect. This time is seemed to provide very quick relief. Or the pain started while I was sleeping and ran it's course, luckily while I was out of it? Who knows but the pain pretty much went away by the time the doc came in. He asked me the normal questions felt my stomach and back. We came to the conclusion that since I was not in pain and my surgery consult on Monday that test weren't needed.

I never felt 100% the rest of the day.

No comments: