Saturday, May 1, 2010

Week update

Monday
I had been experiencing some strange stomach and back pains after meals. They actually started a few days before my bday. I woke one morning at 1am with extreme pains in these areas. I wasn't able to ease the pain at all, just had to wait it out. I ended up going to work at 5:30am and worked 8 hours. The pain finally subsided later in the am.

It happened a few more times so today I spent a good part of the day looking for a new doctor. After some back and forth with various places I ended up landing on my old doctor whom I had a tough time with over insurance a while back.


Tuesday
Worked until heading to the doc. I was Dr. Barton whom I had seen before. After a few questions and him poking around on the computer he felt my back and stomach areas. With no soreness he proceeded to tell me his thoughts. He thinks I may have gall stones which are stones in your gall bladder. Or it my be a shrunken outlet on the gall bladder. Both of those symptoms are fixed by gall bladder removal. Stones are found using an ultrasound and the small outlet is seen with a more complicated test at the GI unit at the hospital. If not those then other tests will have to take place. Dr. Barton told me he experienced some of the same symptoms but it was constant for 2 weeks and they decided to just remove his gall bladder and it fixed all his problems.

The gall bladder is not a necessary organ for basic living. Just be a little careful with what you eat a normal living is easy.

They took some blood and scheduled me an ultrasound for Friday at 9:30am.

Wednesday
Today was my last day with a normal work schedule. I have decided to move my part time to split days with DMG and Red On Red. Work 7-12 with DMG and 12:30-5ish with the ROR.

So I worked a full day and met Travis at DTBG for a beer and a movie. We saw Kick-Ass.

And I got to say...it was Kick-Ass! Great movie, great action, good story and a hidden actor the trailer never shows or hints at. I love little surprises like that! After we head back to the bar, which was a bad bad idea.

Thursday
Woke up feeling horrible! Went to work and tried my hardest but around 9:30 I had to give it up. I headed home with hopes to sleep it off so I could head to Travis's house at 12 for some ROR time. I got the call that my blood work came back and everything looked fine.

I woke up about 11:45 feeling a little better so I headed over, stopping for some Subway on the way. I never really got to feeling all that great and I ended up missing our softball game. We won thought! 2-0!

Friday
Went for my ultrasound. It was quick and painless. They told me that once Dr. Barton received the images and reviewed them I'd hear something by late Monday or Tuesday After I headed to Travis's to work. We decided to head to Tomo for lunch where I could use eat sushi and wouldn't be hard on my stomach. As we sat down the phone rang. It was Dr. Bartion's office. They had already reviewed the images and it shows I do in fact have gal stones. She said a surgical consult was needed to determine wither or not to go forward with removal. That consult isn't until May 10th! I was a little shocked but I'm sure that's the earliest they could see me. Luckily my parents don't have to miss Tommy's graduation in Philly on the 8th.

No comments: