Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Garage Softball game 3

Game 3 is upon us. We met up at Karns middle to practice some then headed to the fields. I spoke with Jinx (our coach) and he let me know I would be starting the dug out due to my gall blander issues. Which was fine and he was just looking out for me. We had 5 extra players today so I figured I'd be riding the bench the whole game.

We played Grace Baptist and for some reason they picked to hit first. This was right after a game that was won with a walk off double. Ohwell, they were hot in the first scoring 7 on us. We put up 1 in the bottom and made it look like it was going to be a long night.

Going into the bottom of 6th 13-11 them, we had 8 minutes left. Out, 2 Singles and an out. 5 minutes left. Single, run scores 13-12. Double, 13-14! Fly out and we take the field up by one! After 2 outs they had a runner on first and second and dude hits a rocket down the third base line....foul! Next pitch the same thing, only it stays fair but Luke, the left fielder gets under and wraps up the game with 40 seconds on the clock. Win number 3 for The Garage!

No comments: