Thursday, May 20, 2010

Softball - game 5-6

Double header night! I started right field in the first game. The folks came to watch too. We got off to a good start but let them catch up towards the end but still managed to play out the win. I went 3-4 with a few RBIs.

Game 6 was at 10 and started right after the first game. I DH'd. We played horrible D in this one. 13-0 in the first. My second at bat with an out got us started. Scored 8 runs. Brandon (pitcher) hurt his leg running the bases so I came in to run for him, scored from second. We stayed hot and played a little better on D and managed to tie it up in the top of the 7th. Michael was up and ripped one to the fence, infield homerun! Once he got back to the dugout we hear the ump, "He swing the bat towards me, automatic out, inning over!" That was the go ahead run! 16-15 us! Dropped us back down to a tie. Just ridiculous! They came out in the bottom and finished with a walk off hit. We gave the ump an ear full and he went and hung out with the other team after so it seemed something fishy was going on.

No comments: