Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wednesday!

So last Wednesday Travis and I had planned to go see The Town at 4:10. We had a photoshoot at 1:30. We get there and they are saying they are hoping to get us out of there by 5. Great, no movie that day. So I swear to him we'll go next Wednesday. After a great weekend of baseball and the post season starting I failed to realize the Phils game was at 5 on Wednesday. Halladays first post season game! I keep my promise to Travis and go to the movie with the DVR set to record the game.

That morning to text everyone to not text me about the game. In the movie I look at my watch right at 5:10, probably first couple of pitches thrown. After the movie we headed to the Brewery for some drinks but ended up at Sapphire due to the crowd. I get a text from Jason and notice it has Phils at the end so Travis reads it and texts him back that I haven't watched it yet. Later Jason calls me to apologize. I still didn't know what exactly happened so I'm good. 10 minutes later Ben calls and I'm thinking he is off work and can come join us. "Congrats on the no hitter dude!" First thing he says. Deflated! Really?! did i miss... no!! I told Ben the situation and was very apologetic.

Once home I made it through about 7 innings before passing out. Woke up at 1am on the couch, with all the lights off. Headed to bed and woke up at 6:30am ready to finish the game. Halladay was just nasty! He missed the perfect game by one pitch, on a 3 - 2 walk. Second post season no hitter in history in his first post season game! Something like 18 first pitch strikes and was ahead in the count more often than not. I'm just really hoping Oswalt and Hamels can follow suit and roast them. The Reds have an extra day to think about and let it screw up there thought process. Can't wait for game two Friday night!

Back to the movie. It was really good, very impressed by good ol' Ben.

No comments: