Monday, November 22, 2010

Vince Young is done.

I still don't get it. Why in the world do fans boo their team and players? I have been to a lot of professional games in my life and have seen the home team fans boo their team and I just don't understand. VY was boo'd on Sunday after a failure on a 3rd down conversion. Are these fans booing the play call, the player, the coaches? Could they do better if put in that situation? It's just so idiotic and drives me crazy. Sure I get upset that the offense couldn't stay on the field but I have NEVER and will NEVER boo my team or players. It's a sport, a game of chance. A lot goes into a play, a lot has to happen for it to be successful. Do these "fans" not understand that? It's just so much more constructive to boo them then to clap for the try and move on to cheer for the defense. Come on fans knock it off.

Anyways... Vince hurt his thumb on his throwing hand after launching a great pass to Washington (Hey boo birds! Was that good enough for you?!). He comes off the field and goes into the locked room but is back on the field in no time, throwing the ball. With Collins hurt we have to go with our 3rd stringer in a tied game. Rusty Smith. He looked ok, threw one INT on a long ball and out come the negative nancys. This was after a great long pass as well. Well VY never came back in.

After the game Vince threw his passes and jersey into the crowd in frustration...I guess (cool souvenir for a fan). Next it was said that Vince was talking during Fisher's post game address to the team. Fisher told Vince to knock it off and Vince got up changed and started walking out. "You can't just walk out on your teammates, " Fisher said. "I'm not, I'm walking out on you," Young responded and he left. All kinds of rumors and talk has broken out since. Fire Fisher, Fire Young... blah blah.

As of now Young is done for the season with the thumb injury and Rusty will be starting until Collins is healthy. We start the make or break part of our season this weekend with 5 of the 6 games being divisional. I don't expect much after watching the team fall apart this season. I just hope we don't get embarrassed to bad.

GO TITANS!

No comments: