Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Girl Talk and DJ Slink show

If you'll recall I was rocking an album by Girl Talk a while back. This one. Well he came to Knoxville lastnight! It sold out pretty quickly but that's a good thing! They made their quota, promoters are happy and the the artist gets their moneys. I didn't have a ticket so I went with another angle. If everyone is paid and you know someone who can get in, you're golden. Ben, Allison, Jason F and I slid right in. Best part was, we didn't have to wait in line in the cold.
It was on.

Girl Talk went on at 10 so we showed up around 9:45. He start with his first track on the new album, great mix. His stage presence is pretty awesome and his lights are digital board were great.

We moved upstairs about 40 minutes into his set to a VIP room for one of Allison's friends birthday parties.

Since it was a Monday night GT was only on for an hour and a half. Kinda lame but ohwell. I'd of been a little upset if I paid 27$ for a ticket.

We headed of to the Ciderhouse, which is next door, for a Slink after show, show.

Girl Talk was in the middle of his encore when we got to Ciderhouse. Slink was rocking. Ben and Slink were being Mad Decent!

Slink was playing a dirty Debstep set, I really enjoyed it. I find it amazing the range of music I enjoy.

Moved off to the side to watch the madness. Slink closed it up with the Pursuit of Happiness, which is an amazing song no matter what genre it's played in, and another DJ took his place. It was close to 1am so we headed out. It was a great night and run into tons of friends. I need to do this more often.

No comments: