Monday, January 24, 2011

Tuning the Evo

So I finally got my AEM UEGO reading in EvoScan. This means I can start logging the car and get my tune going. Mellon Tuning in Memphis is doing the job via email and I couldn't of found anyone better for the job. They have been great thus far. Answers emails quick and multiple times per day. After a email discussion with him and one of his employees I have all the plans for the car laid out. On to the tuning.

He sent me a new EcuFlash which I loaded.

First pull from 2500-3500 rpms. Had crazy knock.
2500-3800 rpms still getting knock
3000-4500 rpms Realize the knock is false. It would happen on one pull and not at all on another.
3000-6500 rpms Looks good. Still showing false knock but ready to move on.
3000-8000 rpms to the limiter. Finally! Got to open her up all the way. Feels great.

Next it's time to start turning up the boost. More to come!

No comments: