Thursday, January 13, 2011

Trip to DC - Stanton Warriors

So I'm out with Mary, Ben and Allison Wednesday night at Soccer Taco, eaten, drinking, you know. Well Ben is super super excited about a show in DC. It's his favorite DJs, the Stanton Warriors. He keeps talking about it and I'm not exactly sure how it happened but... as you can see, I decided to go. I had been at Latitude with Travis, Lauren, Chris and Steph so I called Travis to see if he wanted to go, he didn't have the money so I offered to pay for him.

Travis and friends went on to another bar and Ben and I headed back to his place to buy tickets while Mary and Allison went to get ice cream. Megabus the day before is a little more expensive, 8$ each way so 32$ for the both of us. Hotel which we would be slitting with another buddy Randal and the show tickets were 5$ a piece so it really wasn't an expensive trip. Well, not even 2 minutes after I purchased everything Travis calls to tell me he has a unmissable meeting at noon the next day and couldn't go. Welp, so now I had 2 of everything haha.

So we are off. The Megabus was nice, roomy and had wireless so I could work. It was our group and 2 others on the bus so we all had plenty of room.

Got to DC around 5:45. That pic of the Washington Monument was from the next morning but it was better than the one I got when we arrived. The White House is just up the street from here. I got a pic but it's a little to far a way to be any good.

Randal and I shared a room. It was a cool little place. An old house/apartment building converted into a hotel, called Windsor Inn. Our room was down the hall up the stairs, down the stairs around the corner down more stairs, and to the right. Had a huge walk in closet and an awesome walk in shower with the rainfall shower head.

After chillin some in the room we met up for dinner. We headed out and found a place called Jo Jo's Bar and Grill. We sat upstairs. I had a great chat with a very old friend, Jason. We went to
school together, elementary through hall. He is all into motorsports so we connected well. Later, after dinner, we all headed to Ben's room for adult beverages. There Jason and I continued our chat.

Around 11 we headed to the show. This venue is pretty well known for having this crazy sound system that can float paper and move trashcans, pretty neat. The show was great! Had an awesome time. Stanton rocked the house.

Allison and I got right up front at the end to check out the man at work. We headed back after a failed attempt to buy a shirt around 4am. It was nice we were only staying about half a mile around. So walking wasn't a problem.
Front of the hotel

The crew waiting on the (only 30 freaking minutes late!) bus. Few more folks heading back to Knoxville then were on the bus the day before. The trip was quite, everyone was tired and some hungover. I managed myself well at the show cause I really didn't want to feel bad on the trip back. All-in-all it was a great quick trip with some great people, great music and a fun adventure. I look forward to hanging out with them again.

No comments: