Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wheels for the evo, part 2

If you'll recall I posted up about wanting a certain pair of wheels for the Evo. That was on Feb. 23rd 2010 Well with patience, time and situational advantage taking (I need tires bad!). I have reached the point where it's time to set operation wheel purchase into motion. Today around 12:45pm I place an order for Rota Grids in 18x9.5 +20 offset in matte bronze. The last pair they had in stock. After some research and questioning folks I decided on 255/35 Yokahama S Drive tires to wrap them in. The car will need to be slightly modified to accommodate these wheels. I will have to roll the fenders, possibly cut some fender will rubber and pull the fenders a tad. They are coming for WheelDude in CA. Super nice guys with great customer service.

Not my Evo but these are the exact wheels.

Some folks don't understand and some just don't care but to a car crazed man adding wheels to a car is like the sun coming up on a perfect morning, that point where da Vinci put the finishing touches on the mona lisa. It's indescribable... it's more than just wheels and tires. If you have never walked away for your car and turn to look at it mutliple times to just check it out one last time its hard to comprehended.

The countdown begins. They should hopefully ship out Friday and arrive here next Thursday or Friday.

No comments: