Thursday, May 28, 2009

Terminator Salvation!

Went to see Terminator Salvation with Travis. We met at Downtown grill for a beer and headed to the theater for a 4:50 showing. I was really excited as I love the Terminator movies (T3 was just ok)! I watched T2 today to get ready. I forgot how good that movie is and super violent too. Well we get to our seats, which were awesome (not crowded or anything just really liked the seats). The previews had started but it wasn't one we hadn't seen. Next was the trailer for Sherlock Holmes played by Robert Downey Jr. It looks very good.

While the movie started and I must say the opening seen is just insane! There is a camera pan with no cuts from the ground up to inside a helicopter. As the movie went on the more into I got. I really liked the movie, the effects, and the story. The whole first half of it has you edge with a big question that is slowly revealed throughout the movie.

The end is the only part I felt was a little weak but the rest of the movie made up for it! I really enjoyed this one and I will defiantly be picking up the blu ray when it hits the shelves.

After the movie T and I went back to the bar and hung out and caught up and decided we need to do that more often. We left the bar and headed to his house. Him and Lauren got a new house and I wanted to check it out. The house is very cozy and fits them well.

We were sitting on the back porch chatting and for some reason decided to play poker. I had never played in my life and they wanted to teach me!

Lauren made me a little cheat sheet which helped a lot. I learned a good deal of the basics and I'm looking forward to playing with them again at one of there weekly poker nights they host.

No comments: