Friday, March 27, 2009

Got AR Lower!

Went to Coal Creek after work to hit up the range (it was much needed due to some pathetic wedding drama). While waiting for a range spot I talked with one of the workers, asked him about a gun show happening the next day and told him about the part I was interested in. He said he hadn't heard anything about the show and that they just sold their last lower receiver earlier that day.

Well, after shooting only about 70 rounds I tabbed out. I asked the guy at the counter about the gun show and he hadn't heard anything either. But pointed another worker out and said he may know something about it. As I was walking out I decided to ask him. He didn't know a thing about it either, strange. I told him my reasons for going and he said, "Well, I have one of those here." I surprisingly responded with, "Yeah you did but someone bought it this morning?!" He said, "Nope got a few in the back, I hide them and put them out one at a time." I asked to see it. It was a beautiful Smith & Wesson M&P15 stripped lower. The price was right and it was meant to be, I said I'll take it! This piece is the main heart of an AR-15 and therefore calls for going through the process of buying a gun, paperwork and background check. While going over the paperwork he asked if my current address matched my drivers license. I doesn't but last time I bought a gun (3 weeks ago) car registration worked. He told me that person was wrong and should not of done it that way. Well, we agreed that I'd change my address online, print it out and bring it in the next morning. I offered to buy it right then but he photocopied my ID and taped it to the box and put it in the vault saying, "Don't worry it's yours."

I left to meet Mary at O'Charleys in Turkey Creek for some drinks after our "wedding drama." On my way Alex from Coal Creek called and informed me that he looked into the registration deal and want I gave them would work so I could come pick it up. I was so excited I couldn't wait, I called Mary and told her to jump in my car when I got there we were going back to Coal Creek. We pulled into the O'Chucks parking lot at the same time and I followed her to a spot and she jumped in.

On our way to CC we saw Jason and Tiffany in traffic and talked for a few. They had just bought a 50" plamsa TV!

I got to CC and secured my piece and her she is!

Now just 3 more months and it'll be complete :)

No comments: