Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Michaels new to him but old to me car

Well, crazy story. All start from the beginning but I'll try to keep it short. The very first time I meet Michael Henkel was at Mary's Dad's companies Christmas party. At the time Mary hadn't chosen the best men and getting her brothers (all 3 of them) approval was going to take some time and patience. So in short I was unaware of this at the time but I was walking into war. Well about half way through dinner Michael and I discover we had the same civic and it we have both modified ours. He still had his reservations, but as they say the rest is history.

In 1998 on a cold raining Friday night one of my best buds Paul pulls up at Jason's house in a brand new, just off the lot, 1999 Honda Civic! We all piled in, 5 of us, with Paul yelling, "Wipe off your feer!" and headed out. Over the years Paul fixed that civic up, dressed it to the 9s. Got a full engine swap, b16a from a new 99 Si. It had 4 different types of wheels on it. The Spoons, which were my fav, the second set he had, I ended up buying them from him. I had them for years on my civic. I sold my civic to one of Michael's friends who turned around and sold Michael the Spoons.

Well Michael had recently sold his civic and all the parts he had and last weekend bought Paul's civic. He put the Spoons back on it and bam instead flashbacks.
Paul also still had the carbon hood, lip and wing which are all going back on. He also got the nav I put in the Evo.
Next is a supercharger which is on its way, haha.

No comments: