Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First day off before wedding, Cam's arrival

Today was our first day off on our long stint of days off. Mary has 2.5 weeks off ahead of her and I have 9 days. We slept in and woke up hungry! We headed to one of our favs, Wasabi! After a nice lunch we did a little shopping at the mall. I picked up some new swimming suits and flip-flops for the honeymoon.

We originally thought, like up until yesterday, that Cam was coming in at 11:30am. Somehow we miss communicated and it was pm instead, suck! Well I had already planned out our night which included drinks, meeting all my friends at once and then catching Transformers 2. I even bought his ticket already. Well everything went down as planned, minus Cam and James bought my extra ticket. We had: Michael, James, Joey, Sean, Sean's girl, Byrd, Kristen, Travis, Jason, Clif, Molly, Keith, Mary and I. A few of us met at the bar for a few drinks before. Some of my friends seemed intimidated by the antics that take place in bars and went and got in line at the theater. Ohwell it was a ton of fun. The movie on the other hand....not so much. Not as good as the first one story wise but loved all the robot fighting scenes, I mean how could you not??

After the movie a few of us (the ones that didn't have to work the next day) headed back to Downtown grill. They were only serveing their late night menu, which isn't much so we decided to leave. We went to the Applebees out west. Byrd gave me all the groosemen gifts he engraved for me and man they looked sharp.

Mary ate and I had a beer and it was time to pick up Cam!! He walked out of the doors just as we pulled up, perfect timing. We headed to the house and we spent a few hours catching up. We decided tomorrow was going to be crazy and decided to hit the hay.

No comments: