Thursday, June 25, 2009

Relaxing day off

I woke up sorta early and went for a run. Things were still quiet when I returned and I decided to wash my car since it was so nice out. After the car was nice a shiny I came back in and Cam was on the couch watching some TV. Mary had gone to the dentist so we headed out to find some food. We went to Chick Fil A cause Cam wanted one of their chicken biscuits. Apparently they aren't in NYC, which is strange. Well we got there at 11am and they stop serving breakfast at 10:30. Ohwell, that's all he wanted so we left. I had to get some dog and cat food and we were meeting Mary, Nette and Justin at TOT at 12. So he decided he could hold out til lunch. After the pet store we ran into Wal-mart for an ammo check. By that time we were ready to roll out west.

Lunch was great and Cam really liked it (I knew he would). Dick's! Ammo check! they had .223!

Once back at home we popped in the new Fast and Furious and waited for Michael to call. We were meeting up at Byrd's to shot at some point. He called and we headed that way. Cam didn't have much shooting experince and wanted some. We shot for a little while then it was time to the parents house to visit with the English folks. After that we head home for the evening festivites, James (cousin) tagged along.

I don't remember a whole lot for this night but I'll try.
We meet up at the Hill and our first shot was a wacko jacko in honor to the late great Michael Jackson. He had just passed away. We did another. I had a beer and thus the haze begins. We headed to market square to meet up with Mary's family and some friends to enjoy some live music. We wanted to show Cam Knoxville could be a happen place! It was the last Sundown of the year so it worked out nicely. We ended up at Shonos and our buddy was working and kept handing Mary shots of sake. Of course I got a few (love that stuff!) By this time is was get dark and the we decided to head back to The Hill. Cam and I rode with Alicia and Jackie and there was a fifh person but I'm drawing a blank. James (soon to be bro-in-law) drove Mary and some others.

This is were the events just run together, and it ended up better a semi bad night.
I remember playing beer pong and Mary's cousin Nicole kept pestering James (cousin). It got to me and Mary both. Mary told her dad to tell her to knock it off but she didn't. Well somehow (mixed with alcohol of course) Mary and I got into it. We somehow got to the point of calling of the wedding, the whole nine. It was ridiculous! Mary and I soon realized we weren't even mad at each other we were both mad at the situation and smoothed all that over. I wish we would of smoothed it over a little quicker, several people that night saw me in a state I never wish to be public again...and I'll just leave it at that. I was just pissed at the whole situation and I walked down to the KMA (Mary knew I was headed that way). James (cousin) caught up with me there and we had a nice heart to heart. While talking Mary showed up with a hilariously drunk Cameron. We jumped in the car and headed home. We all discussed the crazy craziness of the night while laughing at Cam's inability to hold his head up in the front seat. Also for those keeping track Mary had stopped drinking to sober up to drive, she is such a good girl like that.

The next morning...

No comments: